Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Macintosh PowerBook G3 Startup Disk Problem?

Hi adjectives, I have a G3 233 Wallstreet that usually works great however I installed 10.1 on it a while rear legs and before afterwards the battery be dead, so I kept it plugged surrounded by, well the powerwent out and it forget the startup disk, shows the flashing interview mark. I can't find the 10.1 disk but hold OS 8, the original copy on the HD, save on my PowerMac G4. How could I copy this over so that the Mac would boot OS 8? Thanks.


Answer:

I'm sure you know this, but the ? means there's a problem near the OS, usually no OS, or something missing. As far as I know, you can't create a copy of an OS to put on another computer, you need the artistic cds/dvd to install it. But if your most recent OS is 10.1, I recommend to get a more recent reworked copy, it'd run a lot better. Or you could ask for Linux cds, some linux distributers afford them out for free, so that's another option. But I don't guess you can copy the OS from one computer to another, because it doesn't have the installer of the OS.

The answers post by the user, for information solitary, RunQA.com does not guarantee the right.




No comments:

Post a Comment