Tuesday, September 21, 2010

MacBook RAM Upgrade... unsure of compatibility.?

To upgrade my MacBook RAM, do I own to use 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM, or can I use something else that's faster? The new MacBook Pro's enjoy faster, better RAM. Can I use that in a MacBook (Black) 2.0 Ghz Core 2 Duo?


Answer:

Ignore the other user that said you hold to buy RAM from a mac store. According to www.crucial.com, all current macbooks and pros use equal ram. I only just checked apple.com and checked the specs confirming that all macbooks and pros use alike ram. The pro's only just hold more.
Take your MacBook to the Apple store where you'll hold to purchase the RAM anyhow, and let them share you what you can/cannot use. Some computers can't handle larger/faster knock against even though it seems to be compatible. It also depends on your processor. Let the Apple experts recommend you.


No comments:

Post a Comment