Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Low power CPU ask?

Hi,



I enjoy an assignment in which a grill is about how a low-power CPU (those within laptops) further reduces its power requirement when its decline. Does anyone know? Any internet sources?



Thanks in finance.



- Slim


Answer:

One way is by using any Speedstep on Intels or Cool n Quiet on AMDs. This basically lowers the speed of the processor when languish, then lowers the voltage to make smaller power. That is one way, as for the other, do a short time research on Wikipedia, as I don't know of one of the top of my head. Wish I could own been of more serve, but hopefully I got you rotten to a good start.
Probably looking for going into standby or sleep mode when rot



Other methods:

Reduce the backlight brightness or turn off the blind

Reduce the processor speed

Idle the hard disk


No comments:

Post a Comment